Ulrica, Ferayani and Nainggolan, Flora and Mahpul, Mahpul (2017) STUDENTS’ AWARENESS OF MISTAKES IN NEGOTIATION OF MEANING. U-JET, 6 (1).

Full text not available from this repository.
Official URL: http://jurnal.fkip.unila.ac.id


The aims of this research were to find out the mistake that learners make during interaction and analyze the students’ awareness of mistakes in negotiation of meaning. The result of the research proved that the students made mistakes in grammar (74%), pronunciation (17%), and vocabulary (9%). The result showed the extend of students’ awareness in responding a mistake in negotiation of meaning was low. It could be sum that only 16 incorrect utterances (30%) could be corrected by the students. The rest, 38 utterances (70%) were not corrected because the students were not aware of the mistakes that made by their interlocutor. From the mistake that could be corrected, only 4 utterances became an input. Most students were not aware or did not pay attention on the mistake during interaction because of some reason, such as the learner focused on meaning and they were in the same proficiency level.

Item Type: Article
Subjects: L Education > L Education (General)
Divisions: Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan (FKIP) > Prodi Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: FLORA
Date Deposited: 15 Nov 2017 07:13
Last Modified: 15 Nov 2017 07:13
URI: http://repository.lppm.unila.ac.id/id/eprint/5531

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item