Eka Putrawan, G. and Riadi, Bambang and Albet Maydiantoro, Albet and Hidayatullah, Riyan (2018) Pelatihan Keterampilan Speaking Bahasa Inggris Menggunakan Mind Mapping bagi Siswa SMAN 1 Kotagajah. In: Seminar hasil-hasil pengabdian 2018.

[img] Text (Prodising Hasil PKM 2018)

Download (137kB)


Abstract — This English speaking training through mind mapping plays an important role in order to provide insight and knowledge and sharpen the courage of high school students to speak in English. This community service was aimed at making students of SMAN 1 Kotagajah improve their English speaking skill and have the courage to speak in English. The procedures for dealing with the training included a pre-test, discussion on theories, practices, and a post-test as an instrument which was used to look at if there was a difference before and after the training was conducted. The results showed that there was a difference in the results of students’ speaking comprehension and courage before and after the training was conducted. The pre-test result showed that they were afraid, nervous, and unconfident when speaking in English (76.5%), and the rest (23.5%) were not. Besides that, only 19.1% of the participants had heard the term mind map, and the rest (80.9%) had never heard the term. Meanwhile, the post-test result showed that 54.4% of the participants stated that they were still afraid and unconfident in speaking English, and the rest (45.6%) stated otherwise. Besides that, 97.1% knew the term mind map and stated that learning using mind map was very interesting (39.7%) and interesting (58.8%). After practicing or simulating speaking English using mind map, they stated that the mind map made them more courageous and confident in speaking English (94.1%). Thus, it can be said that learning to speak English using mind map can increase students' courage and confidence in speaking English even though there are still many grammatical errors. However, through this training the participants can, at least, use English as a means of communication and convey messages properly. Keywords— English, high school students, mind mapping, speaking, training

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Subjects: L Education > L Education (General)
Divisions: Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan (FKIP) > Prodi Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia dan Daerah
Depositing User: Riyan Hidayatullah
Date Deposited: 09 Apr 2019 02:28
Last Modified: 09 Apr 2019 02:28
URI: http://repository.lppm.unila.ac.id/id/eprint/10898

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item