This experiment was aimed to understand the effect of partial replacement of fish meal with Spirulina meal in percula clownfish Amphiprion percula diet on its growth, survival, and color enhancement. One control (A) and three Spirulina dosage were used in this 60-day experiment: 0.9% (B), 1.2% (C), and 1.5% (D) with three replicates for a total of 12 aquariums. During the experiment, the clownfish were fed 4 times daily with 5% FR and periodic sampling for growth monitoring. No significant difference was found in the color intensity, absolute length, and absolute weight among all treatments. On the other hand, survival was the highest on 1.2% Spirulina meal addition to feeding.
Content from this work may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. Any further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the title of the work, journal citation and DOI.
- Widiastuti K A and Murdjani M 2008 Stocking manipulation for superior parent ornamental fish Seminar INDOAQUA
- Setiawati K M 2008 J. Fish. Sci. X 134-8
- Yulianti E S, Maharani H W and Diantari R 2013 e-jURNAL REKAYASA DAN Teknol. Budid. Perair. Ill 313-8
- Satyantini W, Sukenda, Harris E and Utomo N 2014 J. Vet. 15 46-56
- Said D S, Supyawati W D and Noortiningsih 2005 J. Iktiologi Indones. 5 61-7
- Sihaloho S P 2018 Feed Modification Using Carrot Flour To Increase Growth And Brightness Of Koi Fish Color (Medan: USU)
- Simanjuntak S B I, Yuwono E and Rachmawati F N 2006 J. Pembang. Pedesaan 6 82-8